Working as an inter-professional supervisor, Gina’s clients are busy professionals across a number of different sectors. Typically they are people in leadership positions, dealing with heavy workloads, while managing teams and high-stress situations.
Known as a very practical, solutions-focused person with the necessary business knowledge to understand the tensions of today’s hostile working environment, Gina has a bubbly and lighthearted nature with strong Emotional Intelligence (EI) skills that will challenge your mindset and daily work practice.
Having been in business ownership for 20+ years Gina understands first hand the tensions held in ‘wearing all the hats’. She says it is our ability to really tune- in to our own self-awareness, to be able to self-monitor and self-correct that is vitally important in order to thrive at work. Gina believes the stress and challenges of today’s busy environment can take you off balance, leaving you less than you intended for yourself, both professionally and personally.
Learning how to reflect critically and respond effectively, with clarity is often the differentiating factor and that is the reason why Gina became a Professional Supervisor and that is what drives her practice every single day.
Her Professional Accreditations and Memberships
Her Professional Accreditations
- Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Supervision, Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NZ)
- Genos Certified to teach Emotional Intelligence, OPRA Psychology Group (NZ) Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Pyschwire.org – Certificate
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Certificate
- Registered Business Mentor, Business Mentors NZ (BMNZ)
- Australasian Association of Professional Supervisors (AAOS).
- European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) – founding member Asian Pacific Region.
- Mental Health in the Workplace (MINDZ) – steering committee member
- Association of coaching supervisors and mentors (ACSM) – member and Supervisor
Supervision and Mentoring with Gina
Professional Supervision is about inspiring you as a professional to step up and be the best possible version of yourself. It’s about exploring professional duties, performance deliverables, and how that sits with your own personal values so we can build engaged and effective teams with strong connection.
Often we get so caught up in the ‘doing’ that we forget to stop and consider a broader perspective. Gina gives you time to step back and reflect on work-related issues and the effect they may be having on you both personally and professionally; while exploring any prejudices or assumptions that you could be making. It’s about generating learning or unlearning. J Christenson once said, “If we cannot question the way we are doing things and thinking things at present, it will not occur to us that they could be thought of or done differently”.